Happy holidays from Tohubohu Productions! We’ve already gotten some of our presents — namely, a slew of awards and a local film festival acceptance!
We were happy to represent at last month’s TIVA Peer Awards ceremony held at the beautiful French Embassy — and even happier to see two of our films, “Codependence Day” and “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West,” take home multiple honors:
- Bronze Award: Director of Photography - Fiction: “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West” (Dan Foster)
- Silver Award: Editing - Fiction: “Codependence Day” (William R. Coughlan, Brad Hartland)
- Bronze Award: Scriptwriting - Fiction: “Codependence Day” (William R. Coughlan)
- Bronze Award: Scriptwriting - Fiction: “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West” (Anna Coughlan, William R. Coughlan)
- Bronze Award: Directing - Fiction: “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West” (William R. Coughlan)
- Bronze Award: Independent Short: “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West”
We also received word that “The Greater Evil” has been recognized by the Best Shorts Competition with an Award of Merit in the category of Liberation/Social Justice/Protest! Very excited to have this one seen by a wider audience. We’re continuing to make tweaks to the final edit of this piece (including a few additional pickup shots) to keep up with the changing political landscape as we approach 2016 — so if anyone’s interested in lending a hand, drop us a line ASAP!
Speaking of being seen, “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West” has been accepted into the 25th annual Rosebud Film Festival! The Nominee Showcase will be held at the Navy Heritage Center in Washington, DC, on Saturday, January 23. Tickets to the full slate of films at the festival (and the Awards Gala the following evening) are only $15.00, and can be purchased online. Would love to see you all there! (We’ll also be doing a promotional interview for Picture Lock in advance of the screening — so be sure to check out our Twitter feed and Facebook page for details on when you’ll be able to see that.)
And don’t forget, “The Greater Evil” will be screening at Filmapalooza in Atlanta next March. Registration is now open, though early bird rates expire January 8 — so be sure to get your tickets before the prices go up.
That’s it for now — hope to see you at one of our upcoming events! And while you’re here, why not take a couple of minutes to revisit the trailers for our soon-to-be-screened (not to mention recently awarded) shorts?