It’s been a lot longer than I’d planned since our last update, but there have been — and continue to be — a slew of opportunities to see Tohubohu productions on the silver screen:
- Not only did “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West” screen at the Rosebud Film Festival, but it also took home a prestigious Rosebud Award! To say we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.
- The multi-day Filmapalooza event in Atlanta has concluded, and “The Greater Evil” was shown along with dozens of other 48 Hour Film Project city-winning films from all around the world.
- “The Greater Evil” has also been designated as an official selection in two additional festivals: the Miami Independent Film Festival and the Film Festival at Little Washington; we’re awaiting the announcement as to the details of the former, but the latter will be taking place in Washington, VA, over the weekend of April 8–10.
- “Tex: Wisdom of the Old West” has also been selected for a festival showing; it will screen at the UPIKE Film & Media Arts Festival in Pikeville, KY, also on that second weekend in April.
- And a blast from the past returns: “Green House” will be screening at the May Day Sustainability Shorts Film Festival on April 29.
In immediate upcoming news, Tohubohu Productions will be attending the Spring 2016 Stonehenge Auditions on Monday, April 4 — and we’d love to see as many actors as possible. Be sure to fill out your full (free) profile at StonehengeCasting.com to be eligible for an audition slot!
And of course, it’s coming up on time again for the annual Washington DC 48 Hour Film Project, taking place over the weekend of April 29–May 1! We are officially signed up to participate, so we’ve got to start assembling the team. If you’ve done this before, you know the drill — we’re looking for cast and crew; experience with us is definitely a plus, but not a requirement (as we always welcome new blood). Our production options are wide open this year — we might be shooting in Alexandria, Fairfax, DC… who knows? So if you’re up for the challenge, let us know (a) that you’d like to pitch in, and (b) what you can bring to the team.
That’s all for now — we look forward to hearing back from you soon!